Epping Upland is a village and civil parish in the Epping Forest District of Essex, England. The village is situated on the B181 road, approximately 3 miles (5 km) south from the town of Harlow, and 2 miles (3 km) north-west from the town of Epping and the M11 motorway.
Epping Upland parish church is dedicated to All Saints, with the Epping Upland ecclesiastical parish part of the Diocese of Chelmsford. The church dates to the 13th century and is Grade II* listed. Until the Dissolution of the Monasteries (1536-1541), All Saints was under the jurisdiction of Waltham Abbey.
In the first half of the 19th century part of today's town of Epping was within the civil parish of Epping Upland and was part of the ecclesiastical parish centred on All Saints'. The south-eastern urban and market part of Epping Upland joined the hamlet of Epping Street to become the town of Epping. In 1831 the village of Epping Upland had a population of 427 within 83 houses. At the time, four-fifths of the village population was employed in agricultural, with that of its parish, two-fifths. In 2001 the population of Epping Upland was 790.
On 8 September 1944 the first launched Second World War German V-2 rocket landed at Epping Upland.
The present Epping Upland civil parish (whose boundaries may have changed since 1831) stretches from the southern outskirts of Harlow at the north to south of the M25 motorway, a distance of approximately 5 miles (8 km), and a distance of 3 miles west from North Weald Bassett parish on the east. The village of Epping Green and the hamlet of Rye Hill are situated just inside the northern edge of the civil parish.
The parish was part of the Epping Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex.