|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England ( - 1910)|
|See also||Ovingham, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Hexham Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1910|
|Prudhoe, Northumberland, England||urban district into which it was absorbed in 1910|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Eltringham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "ELTRINGHAM, a township in Ovingham parish, Northumberland; on the river Tyne, 5 miles E of Corbridge. Acres: 320. Population: 159. Houses: 28."
Eltringham was a township in the ancient parish of Ovingham and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1910 it was part of Hexham Rural District. In 1910 Eltringham became part of Prudhoe Urban District.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Eltringham, Northumberland, England | Ovingham, Northumberland, England | Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England | Hexham Rural, Northumberland, England | Prudhoe, Northumberland, England