- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Elmdon is a village and civil parish in the Uttlesford District of Essex, England, near the boundary with Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire. The undulating nature of the local topography differentiates it from countryside to the north which is predominantly fenland and flat.
The parish was part of the Saffron Walden Rural District from 1894 until 1974. Since 1974 it has been located in the Uttlesford District of Essex.
- A map of Saffron Walden Rural District.
- Elmdon by Jean Robin, published by Cambridge University Press. A detailed outlook on Elmdon between 1861 and 1964 including censuses, records, statistics and changes. ISBN 0-521-22820-4
- Kinship at the Core: An Anthropology of Elmdon, a Village in North-west Essex in the Nineteen-Sixties by Marilyn Strathern and Audrey Richards, published by Cambridge University Press in 1981.
- Elmdon Village History (website)