Elloughton is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 12 miles (19 km) to the west of Kingston upon Hull to the south of the A63 road, on the southern end of the Yorkshire Wolds. It is conjoined with the much larger community of Brough which lies to the south-east on the shore of the River Humber, and with which it now forms the civil parish of Elloughton-cum-Brough.
Historically Elloughton appears to have been the dominant settlement in the parish, but over time the population of Brough has grown much more dramatically that that of Elloughton. From 1894 until 1974 Elloughton was located in the Beverley Rural District. It was also the local ecclesiastical parish in the wapentake of Harthill.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.