Ellerker is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 10 miles (16 km) west of Hull city centre and 13 miles (21 km) east of the market town of Howden. It lies 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the A63 road junction with the A1034 road.
According to the 2011 UK census, Ellerker parish had a population of 307, a decrease on the 2001 UK census figure of 320.
Its name means "marsh where alder trees grow", from Old English alor "alder" and Old Norse kjarr "marsh". The name was recorded as Alrecher in the 11th century and Alekirr in 1139. Same name as Orcher, Normandy.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.