Elkins is an unincorporated community in New London, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States. It is situated at the east end of Pleasant Lake. It is home to a public beach, gas station, ice cream shop, auto repair garage, post office, church, and veterinarian office. Also central to the community is the Hall of The American Legions and adjacent bandstand.
The village was originally called "Scythe Factory Village" or "Scytheville", because of the presence of a scythe works in the village, using the outflow from Pleasant Lake to power the equipment to manufacture this agricultural implement. The scythe works closed in 1889 and, in 1896, the village was renamed in honor of John P. Elkins, a physician who had served the community from 1875 to 1888.