|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England ( - 1955)|
|See also||Mitford, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Castle Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Morpeth Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Mitford, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Edington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
EDINGTON, a township in Mitford parish, Northumberland; 3½ miles SW of Morpeth. Acres, 631. Population: 32. Houses: 6.
Edington was a township in the ancient parish of Mitford. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Morpeth Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Mitford.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.