- source: Family History Library Catalog
Eastrop is now a suburb of Basingstoke in the county of Hampshire in England.
GENUKI provides the following description of Eastrop from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland of 1868 [as transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]:
- "EASTROP, a parish in the upper half of the hundred of Basingstoke, county Hants, half a mile N. of Basingstoke, of which it forms a suburb. It is situated about 1 mile from the South-Western railway station, and close to the canal. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value £73, in the patronage of W. R. Workman, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient structure. Lord Bolton is lord of the manor. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge. "
There is no separate article for Eastrop in Wikipedia.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Eastrop.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons