Easton is a village and civil parish in the South Kesteven District of Lincolnshire, England. It is situated almost 2 miles (3.2 km) north from Colsterworth, and 1 mile (1.6 km) east from the A1 road.
The River Witham passes through the village, and just south of the village it crosses the A1 inside the parish of Colsterworth. Although the village, which has a population of 100, is technically a civil parish, in practice it is shared for administrative and religious purposes with Stoke Rochford. The combined parish is one of the largest by area in South Kesteven, stretching along the B6403 (High Dike - Ermine Street) from the main A1 road to the (East Coast Main Line railway bridge.
Sir Henry Cholmeley bought the manor in 1592; his direct descendant Sir Montague Cholmeley rebuilt the village in the early 19th century. Easton Hall was built by Sir Henry Cholmeley, partly rebuilt in 1805, and enlarged in the Victorian period. It was damaged while being used by the army during the Second World War, and was pulled down in 1951. The 12 acres of gardens were abandoned in 1951 but a major renovation project began in 2001. The Cholmeley family still live in the village and are responsible for the 2005 renovation of the hall's gardens.
Lincolnshire is very low-lying and land had to be drained for agriculture to be successful. The larger drainage channels, many of which are parallel to each other, became boundaries between parishes. Many parishes are long and thin for this reason.
There is much fenland in Lincolnshire, particularly in the Boston and Horncastle areas. Fenlands tended to be extraparochial before the mid 1850s, and although many sections were identified with names and given the title "civil parish", little information has been found about them. Many appear to be abolished in 1906, but the parish which adopts them is not given in A Vision of Britain through Time. Note the WR category Lincolnshire Fenland Settlements which is an attempt to organize them into one list.
From 1889 until 1974 Lincolnshire was divided into three administrative counties: Parts of Holland, Parts of Kesteven and Parts of Lindsey. These formal names do not fit with modern grammatical usage, but that is what they were, nonetheless. In 1974 the northern section of Lindsey, along with the East Riding of Yorkshire, became the short-lived county of Humberside. In 1996 Humberside was abolished and the area previously in Lincolnshire was made into the two "unitary authorities" of North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire. The remainder of Lincolnshire was divided into "non-metropolitan districts" or "district municipalities" in 1974. Towns, villages and parishes are all listed under Lincolnshire, but the present-day districts are also given so that places in this large county can more easily be located and linked to their wider neighbourhoods. See the WR placepage Lincolnshire, England and the smaller divisions for further explanation.