Place:East Witton, North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameEast Witton
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates54.2695°N 1.7787°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inYorkshire, England    
North Yorkshire, England     (1974 - )
See alsoLeyburn Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district of which the parish was a part 1894-1974
Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, Englanddistrict municipality in which it has been situated since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog


the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

East Witton is a village and civil parish south of Leyburn, in the Richmondshire district of of North Yorkshire, England. The village lies at the edge of Jervaulx Abbey park and with Coverdale to the immediate west.

Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, East Witton was located in Leyburn Rural District. Historically, it was an ecclesiastical parish in the Hang West Wapentake.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at East Witton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.