|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Alton Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was part located|
|Selborne Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was part located|
|Alton Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
East Tisted is a village and civil parish in the East Hampshire District of Hampshire, England. It is 4.8 miles (7.7 km) south of Alton on the A32 road.
The village lies 50 miles southwest of London, 14 miles east of the city of Winchester, 3.5 miles northeast of the village of West Tisted, 2.5 miles west of the village of Selborne, and 1.5 miles west of the village of Newton Valence. It has a population of about 200, residing in about 100 households.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Parishes in the Alton Hundred of Hampshire and the Farnham Hundred of Surrey have been omitted from the Victoria County Histories. This may be because they were set up later than the other hundreds.
Categories: Hampshire, England | East Tisted, Hampshire, England | Alton Hundred, Hampshire, England | Selborne Hundred, Hampshire, England | Alton Rural, Hampshire, England | East Hampshire District, Hampshire, England