- source: Family History Library Catalog
From John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-1872
- "NEWTON (East) and LAYSTHORP, a township in Stonegrave parish, [North Riding of] Yorkshire; on the river Rye, 3½ miles S E by S of Helmsley. Acres, 902. Real property, £1,204. Pop., 84. Houses, 16." (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, East Newton and Laysthorp was part of Helmsley Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Stonegrave in the Rydale Wapentake.
- Co-ordinates are only approximate because East Newton was not found on Google Earth and Laysthorp only existed as Leysthorp Lane.
- GENUKI on East Newton and Laysthorp.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on East Newton and Laysthorp.