Place:East Horndon, Essex, England

Watchers
NameEast Horndon
Alt namesEast Thorndonsource: Family History Library Catalog
Torindunasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 102
Tornindunasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 102
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates51.567°N 0.35°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoBillericay Rural, Essex, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1934
Billericay, Essex, Englandurban district to which part of it was transferred in 1934
Brentwood, Essex, Englandurban district to which part of it was transferred in 1934
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog

East Horndon (#7 on the map) was a civil parish in the Billericay Rural District in Essex from 1894 until 1934. The rural district was abolished in 1934 and East Horndon was divided between the newly formed urban districts of Brentwood and Billericay. Since 1974 the section that was absorbed into Brentwood is now part of Brentwood District. The section in Billericay Urban District was transferred to Thurrock District, probably in 1974.

History

For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article East Horndon.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at East Horndon. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.