|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England ( - 1955)|
|See also||Heddon on the Wall, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Newburn, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Castle Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Castle Ward Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Heddon on the Wall, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of East Heddon from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HEDDON (EAST), a township in Heddon-on-the-Wall parish, Northumberland; adjacent to Heddon-on-the-Wall township. Acres: 758. Population: 43. Houses: 8.
East Heddon was originally a township in the ancient parish of Heddon on the Wall. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Castle Ward Rural District. In 1955 it returned to being part of Heddon on the Wall civil parish. As a township its boundaries also stretched into Newburn ancient parish. (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | East Heddon, Northumberland, England | Heddon on the Wall, Northumberland, England | Newburn, Northumberland, England | Castle Ward, Northumberland, England | Castle Ward Rural, Northumberland, England