Place:East Harling, Norfolk, England

Watchers


NameEast Harling
Alt namesHerlingasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 190
TypeVillage
Coordinates52.433°N 0.917°E
Located inNorfolk, England
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

East Harling is a village in the English county of Norfolk. The village forms the principal settlement in the civil parish of Harling, and is located some 8 miles (13 km) east of the town of Thetford and 25 miles (40 km) south-west of the city of Norwich.

The village is served by Harling Road railway station, which is situated 2 miles (3 km) to the north.

From 1808 to 1814 East Harling hosted a station in the shutter telegraph chain which connected the Admiralty in London to its naval ships in the port of Great Yarmouth.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at East Harling. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.