Place:East Halton, Lincolnshire, England


NameEast Halton
Alt namesHaltunesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 170
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates53.663243°N 0.279597°W
Located inLincolnshire, England


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

East Halton is a small village and civil parish in North Lincolnshire, England. It is situated close to the Humber estuary, approximately north-west from Immingham and north from the neighbouring village of North Killingholme.

The 2001 Census recorded a population of 604 people,

East Halton Grade II listed Anglican church is dedicated to St Peter. It originated in the 13th century, and was restored by James Fowler of Louth in 1868, who raised the chancel and aisle. The village had Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.

The village has a primary school, village shop and post office, and the Black Bull public house.

East Halton was previously served by East Halton railway station on the New Holland and Immingham Dock branch of the Great Central Railway.

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at East Halton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.