East Cranmore is a village in the civil parish of Cranmore in the Mendip district of Somerset, England.
1822 - Somersetshire delineated by Christopher & John Greenwood
A small parish in the liberty of Cranmore, and locally in the hundred of Frome, 5 miles E. from Shepton Mallet, and 6 miles S. W. from Frome; containing 10 inhabited houses, and 11 families, the whole of whom are employed in agriculture. It is a chapelry to Doulting, but the inhabitants generally have their burials at West Cranmore. The chapel is a small structure, dedicated to St. James. Population, 1801, 53 — 1811, 47 — 1821, 68.
1929 - Somerset by George Woosung Wade & Joseph Henry Wade
Cranmore, East, 1 m. E. from Cranmore Station (G.W.R.), has a small modern church in close proximity to Cranmore House (Sir R. Paget). On the summit of the neighbouring hill is a tower, one of the most conspicuous objects on the E. Mendip range. It is a square structure, with projecting balconies, built in 1862. Though of no artistic merit, it is worth a visit on account of the extensive panorama which it commands.
Family History Library