Barming is a civil parish in the Maidstone District of Kent, England. It lies to the west of Maidstone, the county town, and had a population of 2234 persons (2001 census). The eastern end of the parish is part of the built-up area of Maidstone, although the remainder is much more rural. The River Medway is the southern boundary of the parish.
Barming is mentioned in the Domesday Book, and was then described as being divided into East and West; the latter being known as Little Barming, and having its own church until the 16th century.
Barming Primary School dates back to 1854 but is not now located on the original site.
Barming was a civil parish in Maidstone Rural District from 1894 until 1974, and since 1974 has been part of the Maidstone non-metropolitan district. East Barming and West Barming were separated civil parishes until 1934 when they merged as Barming. The two smaller civil parishes have been redirected here.