Earlham Cemetery (aka Richmond City Cemetery) is located in Richmond in Wayne Township, Wayne County, Indiana, USA.
Address 1: 1101 National Road West, Richmond, IN 47374
Address 2: ON US 40 ADJ. TO EARLHAM COLLEGE
- Cemetery readings for this cemetery contained in the Indiana State Library as of 2013:
- Call Number 1:G 977.201 W359y v.1,4
- Call Number 2:G 977.201 W359da
- Call Number 3:GENEAL 977.201 W359de location only
- per Tom Hamm 9 Apr 2003: Earlham Cemetery here in Richmond functions as the Richmond city cemetery. The name comes from proximity to Earlham College (I can see the cemetery out my window.) It dates from 1862, when the first person interred was Elijah Coffin (1798-1862), a prominent Friend. Older burials, dating back to the 1830s, have been moved there from other places. So it isn't a Quaker cemetery in the sense of being under the care of a Friends meeting, but hundreds of Quakers are buried there.
- Earlham Cemetery, Inc., consists of Earlham Cemetery, Glen Haven Memorial Gardens, Lutherania, and Ridge Cemetery.
- Earlham Cemetery started with approximately 300 acres in 1861 and was incorporated in 1863. Then in 1968 we acquired an all bronze lawn level cemetery called Glen Haven Memorial Gardens located south of town, adding another 85 acres to our company. In 2000 we acquired Lutherania Cemetery on Liberty Avenue, and then Ridge Cemetery in 2002, making up what is now Earlham Cemetery, Inc.
- Office open 8AM-12PM, 1-4:30PM. Staff will do computer search for interments or let you browse the card files.
Help fund new features!