Earby is a small town and civil parish now within the Borough of Pendle in Lancashire, England. It is 5 miles (8.0 km) north of Colne, 7 miles (11.3 km) south-west of Skipton, and 11 miles (17.7 km) north-east of Burnley. The parish had a population of 6,183 recorded in the 2011 UK census. Earby was in a lead-mining area.
Earby was part of the West Riding of Yorkshire before 1974. It was an urban district from 1909 until 1974. Since 1974 Earby has been in the West Craven area of Pendle, has a town council, and is part of the West Craven Area Committee on Pendle Borough Council. Before 1909 it had been part of the ancient parish of Thornton-in-Craven in the Barnoldswick subdistrict of Skipton Registration District and Poor Law Union.
Thornton-in-Craven is now a small town nearby, as is Kelbrook.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Earby from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72: