Eaglesham (pronounced ) is a village and parish in Renfrewshire, Scotland. It has a population of 3,127 (2001). Today it is an accessible rural settlement within 30 minutes' drive of Glasgow. The village is distinctive in being built around a large triangular green. Eaglesham is about 10 miles (16 km) south of Glasgow to the southeast of Newton Mearns, south of Busby and Clarkston, and southwest of East Kilbride.
The ancient seat of the Earls of Eglinton; in the 17th century Eaglesham was a small market town; today's village was founded in 1769 by Alexander Montgomerie, 10th Earl of Eglinton; it had at one time handloom weaving and a cotton-mill. Many of its buildings are grade 'B' or 'C' listed but, as a whole, the village is 'A' listed. Eaglesham was designated Scotland's first outstanding conservation area in 1960. It is likely that there has been a place of worship here since the 5th or 6th centuries.
The village is an example of an early Scottish planned village.