Bounded suburb named by Queensland Place Names Board 11 August 1975. Boundaries amended by the Minister for Natural Resources and Minister for Mines 29 November 2002. Boundaries amended by the Minister for Natural Resources and Water and Minister Assisting the Premier in North Queensland on 25 January 2008. Dutton Park as a suburb name came into use around 1910, when an estate of that name was opened near the municipal Dutton Park. The park was named in 1884 after Charles Boydell Dutton (1834-1904) pastoralist and politician, who was Secretary for Public Lands 1883-87.The 1884 Dutton Land Act was named after him. The act allowed for large pastoral leases to be resumed for agricultural purposes, favouring more intensive land use. The act also favoured leasing land, which would retain it as an asset of the state. sOURCE : The State of Queensland (Department of Environment and Resource Management) 2010.