|Type||Extra parochial area, Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Thorngate Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Romsey Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Sherfield English, Hampshire, England||parish to which it was transferred in 1932|
|Test Valley District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Dunwood from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "DUNWOOD, an extra-parochial tract in Romsey [registration] district, Hants; 3½ miles SW of Romsey. Population: 11. Houses: 2."
Dunwood was a civil parish between 1858 and 1932. It was part of Romsey Rural District between 1894 and 1932. In 1932 the civil parish was abolished and the area was transferred to the parish of Sherfield English. (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Dunwood.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Dunwood, Hampshire, England | Thorngate Hundred, Hampshire, England | Romsey Rural, Hampshire, England | Sherfield English, Hampshire, England | Test Valley District, Hampshire, England