Dunswell is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Hull city centre and 3.5 miles (5.6 km) south-east of the market town of Beverley. It lies on the A1174 road and is west of the River Hull.
The village forms part of the civil parish of Woodmansey which was established in 1935. Until 1974 the parish was in Cottingham Urban District. It was also in the ecclesiastical parish of Cottingham in the wapentake of Harthill.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.