|Alt names||Duggleby||source: from redirect|
|Difgelibi||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 306|
|Dighelibi||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 306|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||East Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Kirby Grindalythe, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Buckrose Wapentake, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
|Kirby Grindalythe, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||parish into which it was merged 1935|
|Norton Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which the parish was situated|
|Ryedale District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Duggleby is a hamlet since 1974 in the Ryedale District of North Yorkshire, England. It is situated northeast from York and southeast from Scarborough.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Leavening was located in Norton Rural District. It was made a civil parish in 1866. Historically, it was a township of the ancient parish of Kirby Grindalythe in the Buckrose Wapentake. In 1935 it was merged back into Kirby Grindalythe.
- GENUKI on Duggleby.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Duggleby.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Kirby Grindalythe provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps of the East Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- For a discussion of where to find Archive Offices in Yorkshire, see GENUKI.
- Yorkshire has a large number of family history and genealogical societies. A list of the societies will be found on the Yorkshire, England page.
Categories: East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Duggleby, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Kirby Grindalythe, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Buckrose Wapentake, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Norton Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Ryedale District, North Yorkshire, England | North Yorkshire, England