Drayton St. Leonard is a village and civil parish in Oxfordshire, England. It is located on the River Thame, about 8 miles (13 km) southeast of Oxford. It is about midway on a minor road between Dorchester on Thames and Stadhampton.
Upon the dissolution of the monasteries (circa 1537-38) Dorchester Abbey surrendered its lands to The Crown and Drayton remained with the Dorchester on Thames estate. By the 18th century the Earl of Abingdon was the principal landowner. In the 19th century the family still held the largest acreage, but Trinity College, Oxford had also become a significant landowner in the parish. Most of the land of the parish was farmed on an open field system until it was enclosed in 1861.