|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Ellingham, Northumberland, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Bamburgh Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient division in which it was located|
|Alnwick Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Newton by the Sea, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Doxford from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "DOXFORD, a township in Ellingham parish, Northumberland; 6 miles N of Alnwick. Acres: 612. Population: 74. Houses: 14."
Doxford was a township in the ancient parish of Ellingham. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Alnwick Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Newton by the Sea.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Doxford, Northumberland, England | Ellingham, Northumberland, England | Bamburgh Ward, Northumberland, England | Alnwick Rural, Northumberland, England | Newton by the Sea, Northumberland, England