St. Germans (Cornish: Lannaled) is a village and civil parish in east Cornwall, England. It stands on the St Germans River or Lynher River, part of the Tamar Estuary. It takes its name from the St. German's Priory generally associated with St Germanus, although W.M.M Picken theorises the church was initially associated with a local saint, but was gradually replaced by the 14th century. This magnificent and ancient Norman church is adjacent to the Port Eliot estate of the present Earl of St Germans. The other villages in the historic parish were Tideford, Hessenford, Minard Cross, Polbathick, Seaton, Downderry, and Bethany. New ecclesiastical parishes were established for Hessenford (in 1834) and Tideford in 1852.
In 1997 part of the St Germans parish was made into Deviock parish. The area of St. Germans civil parish is 10,151 acres (4,108 ha), and it has a population of 1,427.
St. Germans was a busy fishing village in the 19th century. The St Germans Quay was busy in the last century with cargoes of timber, coal and limestone. Until World War 2 the trade in roadstone continued.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.