- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Digswell was one of the ancient parishes of Hertfordshire. Much of the parish, including the area around the parish church and Digswell House, was transferred to the newly created town of Welwyn Garden City in 1921. The remainder of the parish was absorbed into Welwyn parish in 1935.
The parish registers date from 1538 and are held at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies under reference DP/34.