Delanco Township is a township in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township's population was 4,283, reflecting an increase of 1,046 (+32.3%) from the 3,237 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn declined by 79 (-2.4%) from the 3,316 counted in the 1990 Census.
What is now Delanco Township was originally incorporated as Beverly Township by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 1, 1859, within Willingboro Township. At its creation, Beverly Township included Beverly city, which separated as an independent municipality c. 1877. Portions of the township were taken to create Edgewater Park on February 26, 1924. The township's name was changed to Delanco Township as of December 20, 1926, based on the results of a referendum held on November 2, 1926.
Delanco is named after the Delaware River and Rancocas Creek, which border the community. It was originally called Del-Ranco or Delaranco, a syllabic abbreviation later shortened to Delanco. Delanco is a dry town where alcohol cannot be sold.