The Town of Davenport is in the northeast part of the county.
The town was formed in 1817 from part of the Town of Kortright and Meredith. Davenport is named after an early settler, John Davenport, who also became the first town supervisor. Charlotte Valley Central School is the only public school in Davenport, New York. There are two volunteer fire departments in Davenport, as well as four churches, three post offices and one traffic light. There are four hamlets within the borders of the town; Davenport, Davenport Center, West Davenport and Fergusonville. Other places located in Davenport are; Pindars Corners, Butts Corners, and Hoseaville. Davenport's high school basketball team went to states two years in a row (2006 & 2007).