|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Northamptonshire, England ( - 1932)|
|See also||Northampton Rural, Northamptonshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Northampton, Northamptonshire, England||county borough into which part was transferred in 1932|
|Northampton District, Northamptonshire, England||district municipality covering part of the area since 1974|
|Duston, Northamptonshire, England||civil parish into which part was transferred in 1932|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
In 1932 the civil parish of Dallington was abolished and the area split between Northampton County Borough and Duston civil parish.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Dallington is a former village about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) northwest of the centre of Northampton, the county town of Northamptonshire, England. Dallington is now a suburb of Northampton and part of the Northampton District.
The Church of England parish church of Saint Mary the Virgin dates from 1207 and is a Grade II* listed building. It is near the site of a previous Saxon church.
Dallington Hall on Dallington Park Road is a Grade II* listed manor house, originally built 1720-30 for Sir Joseph Jekyll, Master of the Rolls. It was later owned by the Rainsford family and then Earl Spencer.
Dallington is northeast of Duston and northwest of St James End or Duston St. James.
These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.
Categories: Northamptonshire, England | Dallington, Northamptonshire, England | Northampton Rural, Northamptonshire, England | Northampton, Northamptonshire, England | Duston, Northamptonshire, England | Northampton District, Northamptonshire, England