Place:Dalby-cum-Skewsby, North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameDalby-cum-Skewsby
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates54.129°N 1.0219°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inNorth Yorkshire, England     (1974 - )
Yorkshire, England    
See alsoEasingwold Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district in which the parish was located 1894-1974
Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, Englandadministrative district in which it is now located
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Dalby-cum-Skewsby is a civil parish in the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England. It is situated around 14 miles north of York and comprises the hamlets of Dalby, Skewsby and Witherholm. It is part of the group of spring line villages to the south of the Howardian Hills.

The church, dedicated to Saint Mary, is a small stone building in the Norman style.

At in Bonnygate Lane / High Lane is a turf maze called The City of Troy. It is described as the smallest turf maze in Europe.

The round barrow at , 450 m north-east of Hagg Farm, is a scheduled ancient monument.

Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Dalby-cum-Skewsby was part of Easingwold Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Dalby in the Bulmer Wapentake.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Dalby-cum-Skewsby. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.