|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Ewelme Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Henley Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Cuxham with Easington, Oxfordshire, England||parish into which it was transferred in 1932|
|Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Cuxham is a village in the civil parish of Cuxham with Easington in the South Oxfordshire District of Oxfordshire, England. It is about 5.5 miles (9 km) north of Wallingford and about 6 miles (10 km) south of Thame. Until 1932 it was a separate civil parish in the Henley Rural District. With the merger in 1932 it was switched to the Bullingdon Rural District until 1974.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Cuxham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CUXHAM, a parish in Henley [registration] district, Oxford; 1¾ mile WNW of Watlington, and 8½ NNE of Wallingford-Road [railway] station. It has a post office under Tetsworth. Acres: 487. Real property: £1, 282. Population: 177. Houses: 36. The living is a rectory, united in 1868 with Easington, in the diocese of Oxford. Value: £355. Patron: Merton College, Oxford. The church is Norman, with a tower; and has some brasses and monuments."
The present Cuxham [water] Mill was built in about the middle of the 18th century on the site of one of those recorded in the Domeday Book of 1086. It was held by the Benedictine Wallingford Priory before Merton College, Oxford acquired the Manor of Cuxham in about 1268–71.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Cuxham, Oxfordshire, England | Ewelme Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Henley Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Cuxham with Easington, Oxfordshire, England | Bullingdon Rural, Oxfordshire, England | South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England