Place:Crutch, Worcestershire, England

Watchers
NameCrutch
TypeParish
Located inWorcestershire, England
Also located inHereford and Worcester, England     (1974 - 1998)
Worcestershire, England     (1998 - )
See alsoHalfshire (hundred), Worcestershire, Englandhundred of which the parish was a part
Droitwich Rural, Worcestershire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1933
Hampton-Lovett, Worcestershire, Englandparish to which it was transferred in 1933
Wychavon District, Hereford and Worcester, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area 1974-1998
Wychavon District, Worcestershire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area from 1998 onward
source: Family History Library Catalog

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Crutch from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"CRUTCH, an extra-parochial tract in Droitwich [registration] district, Worcester; within Droitwich borough, 2 miles N of Droitwich. Acres: 330. Population: 11 . House: 1."

In 1933 Crutch lost all independence and was absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Hampton Lovett.

Research Tips