St. Buryan (Cornish: Pluwveryan) is a village and civil parish in Cornwall, England. The village of St. Buryan is situated approximately five miles (8 km) west of Penzance along the B3283 towards Land's End.
St Buryan parish encompasses the villages of St. Buryan, Lamorna, and Crows-an-wra and shares boundaries with the parishes of Sancreed and St. Just-in-Penwith to the north, Sennen and St. Levan (with which it has close ties) to the west, with Paul to the east and by the sea in the south.
The bells of St Buryan Church, which have recently undergone extensive renovation, are the heaviest full circle peal of six anywhere in the world. The parish also has a strong cultural heritage.
St. Buryan was part of the West Penwith Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article St Buryan.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.