Place:Crowmarsh Gifford, Oxfordshire, England

NameCrowmarsh Gifford
Alt namesCrowmarsh-Giffordsource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeParish (ancient), Civil parish
Coordinates51.599°N 1.112°W
Located inOxfordshire, England
See alsoLangtree Hundred, Oxfordshire, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Crowmarsh Rural, Oxfordshire, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1932
Crowmarsh, Oxfordshire, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1934
South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog

Crowmarsh Gifford was a civil parish in the southern part of Oxfordshire, England until 1932. It is now a village in a civil parish formed in 1932 which also contains the former parishes of Newnham Murren, Mongewell, and North Stoke. The modern civil parish is named Crowmarsh and since 1974 has been located in the South Oxfordshire District of Oxfordshire, England.

Crowmarsh Gifford village is on the northeast bank of the River Thames opposite the market town of Wallingford; the two are linked by Wallingford Bridge.

Crowmarsh Gifford is the administrative headquarters of South Oxfordshire District Council.

For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Crowmarsh Gifford. Includes an overview of the prominent people of the parish.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Crowmarsh Gifford. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.