|Alt names||Crowmarsh-Gifford||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Langtree Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Crowmarsh Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1932|
|Crowmarsh, Oxfordshire, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1934|
|South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Crowmarsh Gifford was a civil parish in the southern part of Oxfordshire, England until 1932. It is now a village in a civil parish formed in 1932 which also contains the former parishes of Newnham Murren, Mongewell, and North Stoke. The modern civil parish is named Crowmarsh and since 1974 has been located in the South Oxfordshire District of Oxfordshire, England.
Crowmarsh Gifford village is on the northeast bank of the River Thames opposite the market town of Wallingford; the two are linked by Wallingford Bridge.
Crowmarsh Gifford is the administrative headquarters of South Oxfordshire District Council.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Crowmarsh Gifford. Includes an overview of the prominent people of the parish.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Crowmarsh Gifford, Oxfordshire, England | Langtree Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Crowmarsh Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Crowmarsh, Oxfordshire, England | South Oxfordshire District, Oxfordshire, England