Cressy is a small town south-west of Launceston, Tasmania. It came into existence in the 1850s to service the surrounding wheat farms. At the 2006 census, Cressy had a population of 670. It is known as Tasmania's 'Trout capital' for the good fishing in the area. It is also home to an extensive agriculture research facility for the Tasmanian Institute of Agricultural Research.
Cressy Post Office opened on 17 September 1856.