Cramlington is a town and civil parish in Northumberland in northeast England, situated 9 miles (14 kilometres) north of the city of Newcastle upon Tyne. The population was measured at 29,413 at the 2011 UK census. It sits on the border between Northumberland and North Tyneside in Tyne and Wear.
From the 12th century onwards, its history had been mostly rural, incorporating several farms and the parish church of St. Nicholas (built at a cost of £3,000 during 1865–1868 in the Gothic style). During the early 19th century, coal mining brought a new industry to the community with several mine shafts sunk in the immediate vicinity.
Cramlington Local Government District was created in 1865. Later, the Local Government Act of 1894 established the Cramlington Urban District. As an urban district it also included the joint parish of East and West Hartford from 1912. Cramlington Urban District was replaced by the Seaton Valley Urban District in 1935 which covered other communities as well. From 1 April 1974, Cramlington became a part of the Borough of Blyth Valley. Responsibilities were transferred to Northumberland County Council from 1 April 2009 when the county became a unitary authority.