- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Cowpen is a place in Northumberland, in England. It is a part of Blyth and just east of the A189 road.
In the 12th century CE, its name was Cupum, possibly the dative plural of Old Norse kupa, "a cuplike depression or valley".
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.