Corringham is a small English town within the unitary authority of Thurrock and one of the traditional (Church of England) parishes. It is situated in the east of the borough of Thurrock and has over time come to be considered an area within the larger neighbouring town of Stanford-le-Hope. The parish church originated in the Saxon period. Corringham was formerly served by the Corringham Light Railway which connected the Kynoch munitions factory with the London, Tilbury and Southend Railway. It is one of the seven conservation areas within the Thurrock Unitary Authority.
The parish was part of the Orsett Rural District from 1894 until 1936 and the Thurrock Urban District from 1936 until 1974. Since 1974 it has been located in the Thurrock District in Essex (a unitary authority since 1998). Part of the parish was removed to create Billericay Urban District in 1934.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Corringham, Essex.