Place:Cornelly, Cornwall, England

Watchers
NameCornelly
TypeParish (ancient)
Coordinates50.269°N 4.925°W
Located inCornwall, England
See alsoPowder Hundred, Cornwall, Englandhundred in which it was located|
source: Family History Library Catalog


the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

The parish of Cornelly near Tregony has a church but no village: it is now grouped with Tregony and Cuby as a joint parish. Cornelly church is dedicated to St Cornelius and was built in the 13th century: the upper part of the tower, the south porch and the windows of the south wall are 15th century additions. The font is probably 16th century but of very crudely carved granite; the pulpit is painted with coats of arms; a monument to Jane Reeves, 1783, has an excellent portrait bust of her.

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Cornelly from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"CORNELLY, a parish in Truro district, Cornwall; 1¼ mile WNW of Tregony, and 2¾ SSW of Grampound Road r. station. Post town, Tregony, under Grampound, Cornwall. Acres: 1,348. Real property: £1, 307. Population: 99. Houses: 18. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £47. Patron, the Vicar of Probus. The church is good."

Research Tips