|Alt names||Quedementune||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 123|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Meonstoke Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Droxford Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Corhampton and Meonstoke, Hampshire, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1932|
|Winchester District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Corhampton is a village in the Winchester District or (City of Winchester) of Hampshire, England. It lies on the western bank of the River Meon. Since 1932 it has formed a civil parish with Meonstoke which adjoins it on the eastern bank. From 1894 until 1932 it was a separate parish in Droxford Rural District.
The Church of England parish church is Saxon and was built around 1020. The font is Norman and there are 13th century wall paintings in the chancel, and a canonical sundial on the south wall.
In the churchyard is an ancient yew with a 26 ft girth.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 3, chapter on Corhampton.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Corhampton, Hampshire, England | Meonstoke Hundred, Hampshire, England | Droxford Rural, Hampshire, England | Corhampton and Meonstoke, Hampshire, England | Winchester District, Hampshire, England