Coanwood is a village in Northumberland, England, and is part of the Parish of Haltwhistle. It is about 4 miles (6 km) to the southwest of Haltwhistle, on the South Tyne. In the UK census of 2011 it had a population of 199. Nearby is the village of Lambley which was absorbed into the parish in 1955.
Coanwood has coal reserves and from the 1860s to 1930 coal was worked in the area. In 1914 the Coanwood Coal Company employed 63 people.
Coanwood was a township in the ancient parish of Haltwhistle and became a separate civil parish in 1866. It remains a separate civil parish. Coanwood has a congregation of the Society of Friends (Quakers).
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Coanwood. Traces the ownership of the main estates.