|Alt names||Hoofield||source: from redirect|
|Clotton Common||source: from redirect|
|Clotton||source: from redirect|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Tarvin, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which the township was located until 1866|
|Eddisbury Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was once situated|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Chester City District, Cheshire, England||district municipality in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Clotton Hoofield has been since 2009 a civil parish in the Borough of Cheshire West and Chester and ceremonial county of Cheshire in England. According to the UK census of 2001 it had a population of 308. The largest settlements in the parish are Clotton, Clotton Common and Hoofield.
Until 1866 it was a township in the ancient parish of Tarvin in the Eddisbury Hundred. The population was 278 in 1801, 399 in 1851, 369 in 1901, and 350 in 1951. (Source: GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Eddisbury Hundred, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester City District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England | Tarvin, Cheshire, England | Clotton Hoofield, Cheshire, England