Place:Clothall, Hertfordshire, England

Alt namesLuffenhallsource: hamlet in parish
Cladhelesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 137
Cleyhullsource: Family History Library Catalog
Coordinates51.967°N 0.15°W
Located inHertfordshire, England
See alsoOdsey Hundred, Hertfordshire, Englandhundred in which it was located
Hitchin Rural, Hertfordshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1974
North Hertfordshire District, Hertfordshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog
the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

Clothall is a village in the present civil parish of Clothall and Luffenhall in Hertfordshire, England with a population of 358. It is situated 2.25 miles (3.62 km) south-east of Baldock, and is in the District of North Hertfordshire. The village contains the Church of St Mary the Virgin, which was built of flint and stone around 1350–70, though parts of the church are older, dating to the 12th century. The author Thomas Stanley was born in Clothall in 1625 and is buried in the church.

Until 1974 Clothall was the name of the parish and Luffenhall (redirected here) was a hamlet within it.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Clothall. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.