|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Corbridge, Northumberland, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient division in which it was located|
|Halton Shields, Northumberland, England||parish it absorbed in 1887|
|Hexham Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Whittington, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Clarewood from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CLAREWOOD, a township in Corbridge parish, Northumberland; near the Roman wall, 4 miles E by N of Corbridge. Acres: 805. Population: 50. Houses: 9."
Clarewood was a township in the ancient parish of Corbridge. In 1866 it became a separate civil parish. In 1887 it absorbed the neighbouring parish of Halton Shields. From 1894 it was part of Hexham Rural District. IIn 1955 it was abolished as a civil parish and its area was absorbed into the newly formed parish of Whittington.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Clarewood, Northumberland, England | Corbridge, Northumberland, England | Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England | Hexham Rural, Northumberland, England | Whittington, Northumberland, England