|Alt names||Chumley||source: Wikipedia|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Broxton (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1837|
|Crewe Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1937-1974|
|Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Crewe and Nantwich (borough), Cheshire, England||administrative district of which it was part 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
|Malpas, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which it was located until 1866|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Cholmondeley has been since 2009 a civil parish in Cheshire, England, north east of Malpas and west of Nantwich. It includes the small settlements of Croxton Green and Dowse Green. Nearby villages include Bickerton to the north east, Bulkeley to the north and Chorley (near Nantwich). The 2001 UK census recorded a population of 136, in 63 households.
Until 1866 Cholmondely was a township in the ancient parish of Malpas in the Broxton Hundred of Cheshire. The population was 292 in 1801, 269 in 1851, 298 in 1901, and 266 in 1951.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Broxton (hundred), Cheshire, England | Wrexham Registration District, Denbighshire, Wales | Whitchurch Registration District, Shropshire, England | West Cheshire Registration District, Cheshire, England | Malpas Rural, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Crewe and Nantwich (borough), Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England | Malpas, Cheshire, England | Cholmondeley, Cheshire, England