Cheyenne Cemetery is a cemetery located in Cheyenne Township, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma.
- First born: Gensie ANDERSON in 1805
- First buried: Leonard TUCKER in 1889
- Number of graves: 1300
The following are major events or facts in the history of the Cheyenne Cemetery:
- 1 April 1898: William FLASHBURN and his wife deeded to the Trustees of the Cheyenne Cemetery some land for the purpose of a burial plot. The Trustees were J. M. PARIASH, John LEARY, J. N. PARRISH, and W. W. ANDERSON.
- 22 June 1903: John and Annie L. REED deeded some land to the trustees for $25.00.
- 14 April 1913: Alfred GRAY and his wife Gertrude deeded the Trustees 10 acres.
- 30 April 1963: Tobe CALVERT and his wife Oweita deeded some land to the trustees (at that time, R. L. TRAMMEL, Dean CROSS and Eddie Lee MCDANIELS).
- 18 March 1980: Tobe CALVERT and his wife deeded 5 acres to the trustees.
- Trustees in 1990 were Wanda TRAMMELL, Eddie Lee MCDANIEL and Donovan WESNER.
The cemetery is well kept.
This information was taken from the book "Cemeteries and More" by Glena Belle CRANE.